Friday, December 31, 2010

Oh Hey, The New Year's Here Again

 This bright new year is given me
To Live each day with zest
To daily grow and try to be
My highest and my best


It's just a few hours short of 2011. In the Philippines, the feel of the new year's eve is pretty much palpable. The blaring sounds of the videoke machine, the startling noise of the pyrotechnics, the numerous parties hosted to welcome the coming year and the boisterous merry-making sounds of drunkards cannot be missed. Yep, it's the new year's eve alright.

How apt is it that before this year's celebration, me and a bunch of college friends have organized a get-together/ sorta-reunion event just for a couple of hours to catch up on the goings-on of each other's lives. The past few years have been spent chasing our own pavements, away from each other. But one great thing about friends is that no matter how long you haven't seen each other, you still manage to fill in the years with happy chatters and useless musings...just like old times. And I wouldn't have it any other way. I love my college friends to bits!

And in total contrast to the usual clamor of the new year's eve, I'll leave you with quiet, captionless photos of our recent college reunion. There's a surprising lack of group photos of the guys. I think everyone was too excited to even bother with the complete group photo. Before we knew it, the day was over. But they were there feasting on the food and rounding up rivermaya and eraserheads songs. And of course, someone has to take pictures, right? hehe.














Happy New Year! Enjoy the food and the booze. You deserve it!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..super like it..buti na lang, pumunta ako..hehehe..

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy