Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year




It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"

Is everyone done with their Christmas shopping already? I still have a few presents to buy. And there's the gift-wrapping and gift-sorting to occupy my time. I miss being in a state of ennui. At this rate, I'm probably going to be perpetually busy. Yes. This is my look-at-me-I'm-complaining-but-I-don't-really-mean-it mood. The things we complain about are the things we value the most. 

I was hoping, expecting actually, to spend an uneventful Christmas. You know, the same old holiday routine - shopping, budgeting, watching Home Alone 1 and 2, Christmas day mass- the whole shebang. But it turned out that some people are determined to make it a prickly one. 

But thanks to a number of lessons I learned this year, I can let all those trifling things pass. I'm just venting it out this one time so I can get it out of my system. Come to think of it, I'm not really venting. I'm probably not making sense so moving on...

Spent most of the day with the boifran Michael. He was thoughtful enough to hold my shopping bags for me and hold my hand while I walk in my skyscraper heels. Seriously, what was I thinking shopping in heels? Earlier this day, wearing heels seems like a plausible idea. How bad can it get, right? An hour later, I can no longer feel my feet--or more accurately, I can no longer feel anything else but my feet. I had to buy flats so I can shop with ease.

Met up with a friend today (Hi Jho!~) and visited my old college. I was expecting a rush of nostalgic feelings. But seeing the multitude of changes they made in our old school, it didn't evoke feelings remotely close to nostalgia. It does not resemble the old school I have in my memories. :'(( 


So anyway I spent the whole day shopping for presents and I'm still nowhere near done. And I haven't seen The Chronicles of Narnia yet!

I've been yapping about my time constraints but I'm still here, blogging. haha!

Outfit details:
top - Moga (Japan)
trousers - Wai Wen
shoes - korean brand
belt - thrifted
bag - thrifted

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy