Saturday, July 9, 2011

I Found Myself Today


Today, I have been plagued with the perpetual dilemma of facing a closet full of clothes but finding nothing to wear. I've been feeling blah and uninspired lately. Perhaps it's due to the weather. Or perhaps I have run out of creative juices and I have been derelict in my duties of doing something to replenish it.

Thankfully, I'm unlike my friends and family who are nearly always wet whenever they go home in the afternoon due to the chronic rainy weather we have been having these past few days. 

I have a love-hate relationship with the rain. I love it during those mundane moments when everyone is at home and something soupy is cooking in the kitchen. I hate it when the rain messes up one's outfit and threatens to drown your house and all the inhabitants inside. 

But the inner turmoil, and perhaps the melancholy, that the gloomy weather evokes are also some of the reasons why I am not in perfect relationship with the rain. It is often a time to reminisce what came and what is no longer here. It is a time when all you ever want is to stay in bed and listen to sad love songs - which is weird since I'm neither loveless nor broken-hearted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy