Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Something Old. Something New.










Old photos. I recently discovered The CoffeeShop Blog while trying to look for tutorials on how to take pastel-colored photos. Someone from flickr suggested this blog. It contains a multitude of very useful, not to mention pretty, PS actions.

It is definitely good for people looking for easier ways to edit. And if you are anything like me who cannot take photos to save her life, this blog would be your saving grace.

So I played around a bit with some of my old photos. I had to test which actions work better on which type of photos. I tend to gravitate towards vintage-esque photos. So there you go.

There are actually a lot of people who hate using actions or using websites that does all the editing work for you. I have often wondered why. It makes short work of editing photos. And if the inability to exercise creativity is what bothers people, I don't think it does a lot in promoting it. Well, that's just me.


But if you like a bit of help making your photos closely resemble those taken by pros, using PS actions is the best way to go.

Oh btw, someone unfriended me on facebook. I know it happens to the best of us but this one is actually a bit disturbing because I am personally acquainted with the person. It makes me wonder what I did wrong. I'm starting to suspect that I'm posting way too many photos and blog alerts on facebook for the peace of mind of my FB friends.


I don't know why FB claims to connect people.

It does.

But in some way, the familiarty of it all and the penchant of people in documenting every single thing happening in their life can actually burn bridges. We even end up hating and labeling our friends.

I'm certain I'm labeled as "the girl who posts a lot of photos and is in a delusional state, thinking she is a model when in fact she is not". Oh well. That's the social networking scene for you.

But at the end of the day, they don't owe you an explanation and neither do you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Tea and Dainty Copyright © 2010 Designed by Kathy